Wednesday 15 November 2017

a growl from a twist of leaves


Clearing my flowerbed of overgrowth produced a slightly unexpected result when I found, tucked cosily under the bush clematis in the rain shadow of the back hedge, a pile of tidily pulled together leaves. One hedgehog consultation later I'd confirmed the presence of a hog, ordered a hog-home and "accidentally" bought a cat-food variety with hog appeal.

I've been careless and neglectful in the garden this year. I lost a clematis and an astilbe. The deep bed was a heck of a mess. But then there was this.

In the end, the catfood wasn't such a great idea. We're going again with mealworms as winter snacks instead. Hog needs a name if it's joining the garden (and the robin that floated down, too, attracted by my mulching). Maybe Hypergrowl and Savage Twitters? I got a fabulous growl when I checked in on my hog before popping the home on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment